Thursday, June 14, 2012

Well, I Imagine...

   I love my wife.

   We've been married for over 35 years. She's a very moral person - sometimes to a fault.

   As I've stated previously, I enjoy joking around and on occasion, I tell a little "white lie". You know, the kind that does no harm to anyone but often is meant to preserve some one's feelings or to make an amusing comment.

   Whenever I do this, she'll just comment: "You shouldn't lie".

   This would often hurt my feelings but I've grown accustomed to it and adapted.

   I now preface my "comments" with the phrase, "I imagine...". This relieves me from the moral dilemma of knowingly telling a lie and satisfies my wife's strict moral code (I imagine).

   She knows that I don't mean any harm when I make these statements but calls me on them every time. Every time.

   I'll say something like, "It was so cold last night that a Polar Bear took refuge in our freezer just to stay warm...I imagine". Or something along those lines.

   I gotta tell you that it keeps me on my toes. I have to review my comments in my head before I let fly... I imagine.


   The Geezer has to watch what he says as he gets older. You never know - I might get struck down by a bolt of lightening at any minute... I imagine.

2 comments:

  1. My husband does the same thing, even tho most of the things he says are funny. I imagine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always been funny dear brother....I imagine.

    ReplyDelete

I'd be interested to hear your comments. Thanks for reading The Geezer Guide!